Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is Rare Earth?
- A: The Rare Earth or Rare Earth elements are a set of seventeen chemical
elements in the Periodic Table, specifically the fifteen lanthanides
including Lanthanum (La), Cerium (Ce), Praseodymium (Pr), Neodymium
(Nd), Promethium (Pm), Samarium (Sm), Europium (Eu), Gadolinium (Gd),
Terbium(Td), Dysprosium (Dy), Holmium(Ho), Erbium (Er), Thulium (Tm),
Ytterbium (Yb) and Lutetium (Lu), plus Scandium(Sc) and Yttrium(Y). Rare
Earth is usually abbreviated as RE.
- Q: What are the features of Ka Shui’s Rare Earth Magnesium alloy?
- A: The Rare Earth Magnesium alloy of Ka Shui is able to improve the
fluidity of Magnesium alloy and enhance its corrosion resistance,
high-temperature, and room temperature strength, as well as its
- Q: What is Ka Shui‘s the Die Casting cum Forging Dual Forming Technology?
- A: The Die Casting cum Forging Dual Forming Technology, which including 3
patents of Ka Shui, combines the Die Casting and the Forging process
into one production cycle, which helps to control precisely the
function, shape and size of the parts in motorcycle and automobile. This
process produces better quality parts at reduced cost.
- Q: What are the characteristics of of the products produced by Die Casting cum Forging Dual Forming Technology?
- A: The products will have less shrinkages and porosities. They have better specific density, tensile strength and elongation rate.
- Q: What are the features of Ka Shui’s Ultra-thin Zinc alloy products?
- A: The Ultra-Thin Zinc alloy products of Ka Shui have better fluidity and
corrosion resistance. They also consumes less material, which make them
more eco-friendly when compared to ordinary Zinc alloy.
- Q: Which services should be provided by Ka Shui?
- A: Ka Shui provides one-stop solution from product conceptualization and
design, mold design and fabrication, precision die casting, plastic injection moulding, CNC
machining, surface treatment and supply chain management.
- Q: What products can Ka Shui provide?
- A: Ka Shui can provide Magnesium, Aluminum and Zinc alloy die casting and
plastic parts for 3C (Computer, Communication, Consumer Electronics),
automobile and household products.
- Q: What is the concept and characteristics of pressure die casting?
- A: Pressure die casting, usually referred as die casting, is a precise
metal casting process by forcing molten metal under high pressure and
speed into a mold cavity, then cooling it down to a specific shape. It
is characterized by high injection speed ( 30~60 m/s) and pressure
(70-350kg/c m2) within very short time (0.02~0.2 s).
- Q: What is Squeeze Casting Technology?
- A: The new type of Squeeze Casting is a die casting method based on slow laminar flow of liquid metal for continuous die filling from bottom to top, with the application of high pressure during solidification, ensuring the component is free from porosity, more compact, with good appearance and high mechanical properties. Squeeze casting technology retains the characteristics and advantages of traditional die casting in efficiency, and low cost, while able to overcome the mechanical property issues, heat treatment disability and other problems.
- Q: What is MicrobeFENCE®？
- A: MicrobeFENCE® is a technology that repels bacteria from plastic surface without killing them.
- Q: What are the features of MicrobeFENCE®？
- A: 1. Germ-repellent polymer without biocides
2. Negligible effects on plastic physical properties
3. Effectiveness of germ repellency 99.8%
5. High durability
6. Food grade (EU and US FDA compliant)
- Q: What are the features of new magnesium-carbon fibre composite reinforced material - “MgSHIELD” developed by Ka Shui?
- A: Developed successfully by Ka Shui, this new magnesium-carbon fibre composite reinforced material - “MgSHIELD” has the properties of high impact resistance, high scratch resistance, lightweight and non-fragile. It is a breakthrough patented technology as one of the best options for metal composite materials.
· Compare with Aluminum alloy, MgSHIELD is lighter in weight, better toughness and the product is not easily dented.
· Compare with Magnesium alloy, MgSHIELD has better strength, better impact resistance and the product is stronger.
· Compare with carbon fibre composite, MgSHIELD is less fragile and there is no chip flying out causing danger even the product is broken.